Sunday 4 October 2015

Film Self Reflection

Film Self Reflection

Our film really, really did not live up to our overall expectation, this is due to multiple reasons that I will explain. As a non-horror fan, the project seemed sketchy in the first place, but I had to try anyway, and I did, the storyboard we created worked well. We all liked what we had come up with, we came up with the expected amount of scenes, 10-12, and what they entailed seemed good. However, we did not manage to film that many scenes, this is due to the group not communicating as much as we should have. we did not organise enough out of lesson meetings to finish filming and by the time it came to editing, we did not have enough scenes to be able to finish.
The editing process seemed to be a failure due to all the background sound, not enough scenes and lack of experiences using the software. I was in charge of editing this film but i did as much as I could without the others. If we had met up I would have asked opinions of which music we should put over the top of the background sound. I was told that I had duplicated scenes when editing, which is a mistake that would have fixed when the scenes had been finished. The film, having not met the expected scene amount, also did not have the expected shots that were required, our film had a pan, medium long shot and an extreme close-up.
The editing could have been improved if we had more time to do this film, we had less than an hour planning and roughly an hour to film. We did not manage to film all of it in the hour given so we used the editing time to finish filming, and we still did not finish, We then had no lesson time to edit, so me and another member of our group helped me edit part of it, out of lesson but still didn't finish due to the lack of scenes. I went off on the storyboard unintentionally but I did nevertheless.
Overall, the film turned out as a failure and I believe no one in the group was impressed on the outcome. Personally, I believe it to be more my fault than anyone else but the whole of the blame could not be placed on one person.

No comments:

Post a Comment